- Charming Victorian Cottage on delightful Cookham Village High Street
- Sleeps 4; master bedroom with double bed, en-suite bathroom
- 2nd bedroom with twin beds
- Plenty of storage in fitted double wardrobes and dresser.
- Downstairs shower room with complimentary toiletries
- Private patio, sunny aspect, patio furniture and BBQ
- Lounge sofa, armchair
- TV with DVD player, complimentary high speed wifi
- Fully equipped galley kitchen, with hob, oven, grill, microwave, kettle, fridge, large fridge freezer
- Good selection of crockery, glasses, cutlery and ovenware.
- Washing machine/dryer, and iron and ironing board
- Changeover day is flexible
- Well behaved pets are welcome to stay, subject to a fee of £5.00 per night per pet with a maximum of 2 pets.
- The central heating and electricity costs are included in the price of the holiday cottage
- Weekly cleaning, linen and towel change included in price
- Linen and towels are provided at no extra charge.
- Free parking on the High Street. Resident permits are available for longer lets
- Cot and high chair are available; please request when booking
- Close to local shops, and delightful pubs and restaurants
- 5 minutes walk to railway station with connection to central London, Paddington
- Bordering National Trust Land and River Thames
I still remember my first day to the Sheephouse Manor; Ms. Caroline helped me to get used to with equipments in my cottage - a cozy, self contained cottage; taken me around the town to show me the nearest train station, super markets and help me to buy a new SIM card for my phone. So I can quickly adapt with the new environment here, in UK for my first abroad business trip. 6 months is long enough to help me enjoy the life here, a beautiful countryside of UK. The cottages contain everything you need to have a comfortable stay: a comfortable bed, a clean bathroom, a full equipment kitchen, where I make a lot of food by myself, a big LCD for my video game console (PS4) and many wood furnitures in my cottage. Maidenhead is a small town, but beautiful and quiet enough to help you enjoy the weekend, and if you want to go to a crowded place like London, you can take a 45' train, or you can explore the neighbor towns/places such as Slough, Windsor, Cookham, Bourne End or Reading. Ms. Caroline gave a bike so I can go around Maidenhead, it's so lovely when riding the bike in the autumn time in romantic scenes, the weather is also good at that time. About the Manor, there is a big garden, enough for you to have a long walk around, to take pictures or to enjoy the morning with books on the outdoor chairs, tables. In the summer time, you can swim in the swimming pool, have the BBQ in the garden with your families/friends... Ms.Caroline is very kind, she helps me a lot in my daily life, writing this review makes me miss her a lot. I will visit here again after I get married to meet my host and show my wife where I had a lot of best memories in my life <3
Phu Ho (September 2015)
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The owners were very friendly and made feel at home! Very convenient for dog owners, Jasper really enjoyed the outdoor space. Would strongly recommend and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.
Monika Tristram (August 2015)
Five fully equipped cottages sleeping 2 - 5 persons, each making a cosy home from home for families and professionals. Tastefully renovated barns in the grounds of a 16th century farmhouse in a countryside location, close to Maidenhead town.Find Out More
The West Wing is a self contained three bedroom self catering suite. It has its own private entrance, and fully equipped kitchen/dining room.Find Out More
Southlands is a charming Victorian Cottage on delightful Cookham Village High Street.Find Out More
Things to do
We are an ideal base from which to visit Legoland and Windsor Castle, or explore the beautiful Thames Path on foot or by bicycle.Find Out More